Here are some best practices that can help in long life of your EV battery:
- Minimize exposure to extremely high temperatures when parked
- Avoid using fast charging unless needed: Fast charging presses so much current into the batteries in a short period which strains your EV battery and wanes them faster.
- Use quality charger: Use either original charger or other safety enriched chargers available in the market. Don’t opt for cheap or feature ridden chargers.
- Avoid full charge when you can: Keeping the state of battery charge, from 0 percent to 100 percent , also improves the performance of the battery life of your vehicle. Even though a full charge will give you the maximum operating time, it is never a good idea for the overall lifespan of your battery.
- Don’t charge the battery immediately after a ride: Whenever the battery is used while EV is running, it gets extremely hot. Charging immediately after the ride doesn’t allow the battery to cool down. Give at least 30 mins time to cool down the battery before recharging it.